Friday, March 30, 2012

Locked out of Report Manager on my own machine!

I must have inadvertently "touched" something in my configuration, but I
don't know what, or how to fix it. Here's what's happening:
1) Running Windows XP Professional, ISS, SQL Server 2000, Reporting Services
2000 SP2. All are installed on my laptop and have been running normally for
over a year.
2) I am logged in to my machine as Administrator.
3) When I try to open Report Manager via http://localhost/Reports, I get the
prompt
"Enter username and password for "" at http://localhost".
I enter "Administrator", then the password as usual.
4) Normally, Report Manager then opens up. However, now, I can't get past
this dialog! It immediately gives me the same prompts again, and again, and
again...
5) I have tried every user and password on this machine. I have reset the
Admin password and tried again. I have rebooted many times.
6) The IIS Security settings are the same everywhere: Integrated Windows
Authentication, NO anonymous access. This is set:
* At the Web Sites level
* At the Default Web Site level
* At the Reports virtual directory
* At the ReportServer virtual directory
===================
Hope you can help! I am completely locked out. (How can IIS not allow THE
ADMINISTRATOR access?)
Thanks,
C17Problem solved -- it's something to do with the HTTP Keep-Alive property.
In IIS, if you go to the Default Web Site, and un-check the "HTTP
Keep-Alive" property, you will experience the bizarre problem of being
locked out of your own machine, even as Administrator.
If you check the property, all is well.
--C17

No comments:

Post a Comment