Friday, March 30, 2012

Locked Stored Procedures

Hi

I am reasonably new to this so bear with me.

I have a copy of a SQL Server 2000 Database, and would like to see what the stored procedures are doing (as I think it is wrong).

in Server Management Studio the stored procedures have a lock symbol on them and when I try and view them I get the message:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

Script failed for StoredProcedure 'dbo.sp_procedure'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=9.00.1399.00&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&EvtID=Script+StoredProcedure&LinkId=20476


ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Property TextHeader is not available for StoredProcedure '[dbo].[sp_procedureprocedure]'. This property may not exist for this object, or may not be retrievable due to insufficient access rights. The text is encrypted. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

This was developed by someone else, but I need to see it.

My question is, is there any way i can see the text of this stored procedure?

Thanks

Will

The stored procedure code has been encrypted. Apparently, whoever wrote the code didn't want others to read the code.

I suggest that you contact the person ( or vendor ) that supplied the stored procedure code and request a copy of the code.

No comments:

Post a Comment